• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How to make camping more luxurious? need DIY ideas

BellinghamNiteLife

Greenlighter
How do you make camping feel a bit more luxurious?
So far I have an air mattress, blow up pillows I bought, and some home made lantern made out of tin cans for candles which will make my camp site look pretty cool,

anymore ideas?

PS

Please hold off on the "camping isn't supposed to be luxurious, rawr rawr rawr" type comments ;)

Well, I you can have a car at the camp site you can just take regular pillows and what not... Maybe an ice box with champagne and some hookers?

If you bring a generator you could pretty much do w.e u want

or jus get an rv

I can't help but saying isn't camping supposed to be roughing it? lol

Oh and music

I'm adding to the "rawr rawr rawr" movement. However, I'd seen people bring campers, tons of firewood so they don't have to get it themselves and basically everything they own.

After Bite helps if you've forgotten the bug spray, forgot to spray yourself, or just missed a spot. :p I try and carry it with me when I know I'll be in a bug-infested area as I am prone to bites.

shop360a.jpg

plan out your food really well. bring lots of fresh, already prepared dishes. putting off your food till the very end will mean you won't bring quality.

plan out your food really well. bring lots of fresh, already prepared dishes. putting off your food till the very end will mean you won't bring quality.

sandwichs!! always pack sandwichs!! you never know when one might come in handy..

hammock
make really delicious food cooked over campfire
bring dessert

....oh and baby wipes lol

RVing is not camping, dammit!

But, you could build a yurt. They're pretty damn luxurious, and an ambitious (but not unfeasible) DIY project.

Incense and some wild flowers picked to make the camp look pretty, smell extra atmospheric. If camping by the beach especially pick some nice shells and pebbles to make a boundary around and path into your temporary "home patch".

If you're travelling by car, taking a folding table / bench or chair makes life nice and mealtimes civilised. A pretty sarong can act as a wind / sun-shield, table cloth, picnic blanket or billowing in the wind colour tied or pegged to your guy-ropes.

Learn some stove-burner or bbq recipes and enjoy some simple but luxurious meals by candlelight. Proper cutlery and crockery add to that occasion as do napkins!

I enjoyed many happy years camping in Scotland when my boys were young, doing the above added to my enjoyment and made it feel like a special outdoor re-treat.

If in Scotland midges are an issue btw lol :)

Sure, but the smaller the cells the better, and bubble wrap doesn't pack worth shit. If you're going the ultra-budget route though, that's a great way to get a warmer night's sleep. Just be afreful getting off and on it.

If in Scotland midges are an issue btw lol :)

Damn right. Gooooooooood GOD midges are irritating when out in their droves. They are especially bad up here in the Highlands I've found. Avon Skin-So-Soft repels them well, smells amazing and is good for lubrication depending on how good a camping trip it's gonna be.

All the rest of your suggestions were great :) I especially like defining your temporary home patch! :)